Monday, October 20, 2008

Biden is Biting his Tongue...as expected

Biden is biting his tongue once again…as expected
Sorry I have been off the radar for a while but it is getting down to the wire so I must chime in…
In a recent campaign speech Senator Biden explained his conspiracy-theory about the challenges that a Obama-Biden Presidency would face I the first six months in office. And, here is the quote in all its Bidentastic beauty-
"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking," Biden said.
"Remember I said it standing here. if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he's gonna have to make some really tough -- I don't know what the decision's gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it's gonna happen," Biden continued.
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/20/biden-obama-tested-world-months-administration/
Did he really say that? Oh, yeah, he sure did…
What did he mean? That is anyone’s guess. Personally, I think he was trying to make a prediction that there would be a terrorist incident (or something along those lines) somewhere in the world that is in some way directed towards the US in the first six months of the Obama-Biden Presidency taking office. Okay, this is not a terribly incomprehensible possibility. But, what is the purpose of bringing this up now? Obama does poorly in polls on the question of readiness in conflict vs. MCcain. So, what up? Is Biden just looking for an I-TOLD-YOU-SO! Is Biden perhaps prepping the American people (specifically Democrats at the rally) for the potential backlash that would occur if such an attack where to happen on Obama’s watch? It is conceivable that such “an international crisis, a generated crisis” would happen under any new President. The interesting thing is why would Biden would mention this and insist upon the inevitability of such a thing knowing it would likely raise questions that aren’t helpful for the O-B campaign. I am confused…Any comments?

No comments: